My equine experience is extensive and spans 42 years, I have BHS stages 1 and 2, and have been a horse owner for over 24years.
1. BSc (Hons) degree from the Open University during which I studied animal physiology as well as various natural and biological sciences.
2. Studied natural horsemanship very briefly before deciding that there were many facets I didn’t wish to use and that were not always in the best interest of the horse.
3. Helped my daughter start horses – one New Forest who went to a Pony Club home, one a cob we still own, one a sensitive Arab X Warmblood who was rescued as a foal.
4. Have restarted 2 horses over the past 5 years, Benny and Mojo. As a trustee of an Equine Assisted Learning charity I am the horses advocate, so keep an eye on the horses emotional state.
5. Passed the Natural Animal Centre Stage 1 in Equine Behaviour in 2017
My philosophy is to suggest science based behaviour modification programmes for your horse. I will use positive reinforcement and classical conditioning techniques to write behaviour modification programs. I will work with you the owner/handler/rider to address any management issues that may impact on the horses behaviour.
I work on the LIMA principles of Least Intrusive and Minimally Aversive – https://iaabc.org/about/LIMA